Black History Month Trading Cards
- You can make the cards in one of three ways...
- A. Design the cards by hand, with drawings and neat handwriting.
- B. Design the cards by hand, but with computer printed pictures and/or words.
- C. Design the cards on a computer or smartphone. In my opinion, this is the best option, as you can see by the awesome examples I made (on the right), BUT don't get lazy and think technology will simply help you do it more quickly. There are tons of photo-editing apps that could help you make this project turn out AWESOME, but I do expect awesomeness.
- You MAY receive extra credit if you go above and beyond and I am super-impressed with your efforts.
Lastly, your eight (or more) cards must be worth 20 "Dumont Dollars" (or more).
Use the lists below to determine the value of each card. It would be wise to choose your eight (or more) people before you get started. You CANNOT do five $4 cards and think you're done. You must do 8+ total, no matter what.
Rev. Jesse Jackson
Martin Luther King, Jr.
George W. Carver
Coretta Scott King
Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Booker T. Washington
The Greensboro Four
Madam C.J. Walker
Mary McLeod Bethune
Macon Bolling Allen
Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
Zora Neale Hurston
Little Rock Nine
Garrett A. Morgan
With my approval, you can make ONE card for someone that is not on these lists. That card will be worth $1.